I ended up making some of the glorious eco styler gel custard yesterday! I have heard soooooo much about this, so I had to try it for myself. My version varies from the original one because I decided to just use things I already have instead of going out and buying more oils and etc. I made my concoction using items that I know work for me. The results were amazing! My hair is now soft, but it has hold. I think I will use this as my styling agent for my daily wash n' goes since it provides hold without the crunch and etc! I have only used it on a twist out thus far, but I will be using it for my wash n' go either tomorrow or the day after, so I will let you all know how my curls like it then. But enough talk...here is what I used to make the custard.
- 4 Teaspoons of Extra Virgin Olive Oil(the Kroger brand)
- 4 Teaspoons of Eco Stlyer Gel with Olive Oil (from Sally's)
- 1 Teaspoon of Giovanni Direct Leave-In Conditioner (from Target)
- 1 Teaspoon of Kinky Curly Curling Custard (from Whole Foods)
- 1 Teaspoon of Kinky Curly Knot Today
- Scoop gel into a small mixing bowl
- Add in Extra virgin olive oil
- Stir until mixed thoroughly
- Then add in all other ingredients
- Stir the mixture for about 2 minutes
- When the mixture is ready, it will be a cloudy/creamy white color
- The texture will be similar to yogurt...VERYYYY thick
- Your end result should be thick, creamy, and just plain awesome!